All Lemont High School students who are issued a parking permit must adhere to the following parking regulations.
- Students receiving a parking permit must have a valid driver's license, be covered by a valid auto insurance policy, and pay a non-refundable $100 permit fee.
- All of a student’s fees – including academic and extra-curricular fees, both from the current year and previous years – must be paid in full for the student to be eligible to receive a parking sticker.
- Only one parking permit will be issued per family, unless there is a demonstrable need.
- All student vehicles parked on campus must display a current sticker, permanently affixed inside the rear window on the bottom left (i.e., the driver's side).
- Students without parking permits who park on campus may be issued citations by the Lemont Police Department. The first time a student receives a citation, he/she also will receive a warning from Lemont High School. Students without a permit who park on campus a second time will not be eligible for a parking permit the following year.
- Students must always park in the designated “Student” sections of the lots. Students who fail to do so will be required to move their vehicles to an appropriate location. Students will receive consequences (in accordance with the Student Handbook) if they are tardy as a result of having to move a vehicle.
- Students may not park on residential streets or restricted parking lots.
- All vehicles parked on school grounds are subject to search.
- Tobacco use of any kind is strictly prohibited on school property, including within or around personal vehicles while on campus.
- Reckless driving is strictly prohibited.
- Lost or stolen stickers will not be replaced.
- Students who are issued a parking permit and get a new car must remove the old sticker and bring it to the Dean's Secretary, who is located in the PPS Office; this includes stickers damaged while being removed. A new sticker only will be issued to students who return their old sticker.
- Students may not loiter in the parking lot at any time. Students must receive permission from the Dean's Office to go to the parking lot during the school day.
- Students who have excessive tardies or are considered truant in accordance with the Student Handbook may have their parking permit suspended or revoked.
- Students who use a personal vehicle to skip a class - either by sitting in the vehicle or using it to leave campus, or allow a classmate to do the same - will be subject to a suspension of the parking permit.
- The violation of any student parking regulation may result in the suspension or revocation of the student’s parking permit. The permit fee is non-refundable, even if the permit is revoked.
- According to Illinois State Law, "A person, regardless of age, may not use a wireless telephone at any time while operating a motor vehicle on a roadway in a school speed zone." (P.A. 096-0131). The prohibition of cell phone use within a school zone extends to its parking lots.