Career and Technical Education
The Lemont High School Career & Technical Education Department believes that students should develop the following characteristics:
• Ability to blend laboratory and classroom instruction
• Understanding of course material in order to achieve mastery in their chosen area
• Knowledge of specific areas of interest in the curricular areas of Business Education, Family and Consumer Sciences and Industrial Technology
Courses offered within the Career & Technical Education curriculum help students develop skills that are necessary to become productive members of the workforce.
Based on abilities and course level, students are expected to:
• Master skills in their respective areas
• Demonstrate craftsmanship, creativity and job-specific skills
• Develop interpersonal and cooperative skills
• Employ technology to accomplish goals
Grading Standards: Student grades are determined by their level of mastery of skills in their respective areas, in accordance with course requirements.