Career & Technical Education
The Lemont High School Career & Technical Education Department believes that students should develop the following characteristics:
• Ability to blend laboratory and classroom instruction
• Understanding of course material in order to achieve mastery in their chosen area
• Knowledge of specific areas of interest in the curricular areas of Business Education, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Industrial Technology
Courses offered within these areas of study help students develop skills that are necessary to become productive members of the workforce. Courses offer students an opportunity to explore career opportunities as they move from introductory to advanced curriculum.
Based on abilities and course level, students are expected to:
• Master skills in their respective areas
• Demonstrate craftsmanship, creativity and job-specific skills
• Develop interpersonal and cooperative skills
• Employ technology to accomplish goals
Grading Standards: Student grades are determined by their level of mastery of skills in their respective areas, in accordance with course requirements.