LNS@LHS: 1:1 Teaching & Learning
After years of careful planning and thoughtful preparation, Lemont High School is excited to announce that its 1:1 teaching and learning program - LNS@LHS - will be fully implemented during the 2017-18 school year. Each Lemont High School student will be issued a Chromebook, and that technology resource will enhance academic opportunities across the school's curriculum.
The resources provided from the links on the right side of the page are designed to:
Lemont High School's vision is for educational technology to be like oxygen - ubiquitous, necessary and everywhere. Within a 1:1 teaching and learning environment, Lemont High School students:
- Educate stakeholders about the history of our 1:1 teaching and learning program.
- Inform stakeholders about the latest developments of our 1:1 teaching and learning program.
- Provide examples of how Lemont High School is integrating technology into instruction.
- Demonstrate how leveraging the G Suite for Education supports the district's mission of helping all students to become life-long, independent learners and productive citizens in a rapidly changing world.
A 1:1 teaching and learning environment will prepare Lemont High School students to thrive in a digitally interconnected world where learning never stops.
- Use digital technologies and social media as tools for organization, communication, research and problem solving.
- Exercise digital citizenship as they leverage technology to access, evaluate, use and manage information.
- Facilitate collaboration, creativity and innovation through personalized, student-centered learning experiences.
(Sources: Chris Lehmann - "School Tech Should Be Like Oxygen"; Framework for 21st Century Learning - www.p21.org)
Learning Never Stops at Lemont High School
LNS@LHS Program Announcement
G Suite For Education
Policies and Expectations
Frequently Asked Questions