Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees
Lemont High School District 210 recognizes the important role that extra-curricular activities play in the development of student values. All students are encouraged to participate in the school's extra-curricular program.
District 210 faces the same economic challenges that all public schools are facing. Over the past several years, the district has responded proactively to a difficult economic climate, seeking ways to reduce expenditures, as well as measures to increase revenues.
There is a large expense associated with providing a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities for Lemont High School students. District 210 administers Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees to students involved in any athletic activity.
Students participating in non-athletic extra-curricular activities are not assessed an Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fee (Please see the note at the bottom of the page for an exception concerning the Speech Team). Instead, each student's General Fee - which is paid at registration in the fall - includes a standard fee that allows students to participate in as many non-athletic activities as they wish during the school year.
These fees offset a small portion of the costs associated with transportation, tournament entry fees, and coaching/sponsor stipends. The district established fees at a minimal rate because it understands that the difficult economic climate certainly affects families as well. The district first implemented these fees during the 2011-12 school year.
On the right side of the page, please find links to the fees associated with each of the following designations of extra-curricular activities:
The links on the right side of the page also include the timeline for billing and the due dates by which all fees must be paid in order for a student to continue participation in his/her activity.
- Competitive Extra-Curricular
- Non-Competitive Extra-Curricular
- Service Activities
A link to a list of Co-Curricular Activities also may be found on the right side of the page. All Co-Curricular Activities are academic in nature and are based in the classroom. Participants in some Co-Curricular Activities are assessed fees, but those fees are not processed as Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees.
- For each student, there will be a "cap" of $175 of Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees, or two such fees for athletics - whichever comes first for a student during the course of a school year.
- Once a student's Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fee for a sport has been paid, no refund will be issued for any reason, including if he/she decides not to stop participating, is injured in a contest, etc.
- All of a student’s fees – including academic and extra-curricular fees, both from the current year and previous years – must be paid in full for the student to be eligible to participate in an extra-curricular activity, receive a parking sticker, participate in 'Behind the Wheel' Driver Education training, and obtain a yearbook.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to pay their child(ren)'s fees online via credit card or debit card through RevTrak, a trusted partner of Lemont High School. Paying these fees online through RevTrak instantly updates a student's account (i.e., denotes the fee as 'paid'), and also improves efficiency within the school's Business Office and Athletic/Activities Office.
- If parents wish to do so, they also may pay any assessed fees by mailing a check to the school's Athletic/Activities Office. Parents/guardians are encouraged to write their child's name and 'Participation Fee' in the "Memo" line on the check. Please note that families who previously have had personal checks to Lemont High School District 210 returned due to non-sufficient funds (i.e., NSF) may be required to pay their fees with cash, a credit card, or by certified check or money order
- Parents/guardians who feel they will have difficulty paying for their child(ren)'s Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees at the time they are billed are encouraged to contact the district's Business Office at (630) 243-3284 to develop a payment plan. An initial payment of at least one-third of the amount due is required to develop a payment plan for Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees. Please note that any fee waiver that may be granted by the school does not apply to Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees.
- Due to the nature of the activity's travel and the costs associated with competition judges, students participating on the Speech Team will be assessed an Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fee of $55. When combined with the standard fee that is assessed to every student through the General Fee, students involved on the Speech Team will pay the same in Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees that they did in previous years.