Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees
Lemont High School District 210 recognizes the important role that extra-curricular activities play in the development of student values. All students are encouraged to participate in the school's extra-curricular program.
District 210 faces the same economic challenges that all public schools are facing. Over the past several years, the district has responded proactively to a difficult economic climate, seeking ways to reduce expenditures, as well as measures to increase revenues.
There is a large expense associated with providing a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities for Lemont High School students. District 210 administers Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees to students involved in any athletic activity, and to students in most extra-curricular activities.
These fees offset a small portion of the costs associated with transportation, tournament entry fees, and coaching/sponsor stipends. The district established fees at a minimal rate because it understands that the difficult economic climate certainly affects families as well. The district first implemented these fees during the 2011-12 school year.
On the right side of the page, please find links to the fees associated with each of the following designations of extra-curricular activities:
The links on the right side of the page also include the timeline for billing and the due dates by which Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees must be paid in order for a student to continue participation in his/her activity.
- Competitive Extra-Curricular
- Non-Competitive Extra-Curricular
Links to lists of Service Activities and Co-Curricular Activities also may be found on the right side of the page.
Please note that no fee is assessed for students enrolled in Service Activities. All Co-Curricular Activities are academic in nature and are based in the classroom. Participants in some Co-Curricular Activities are assessed fees, but those fees are not processed as Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees.
- There will be a "cap" of two fees for athletics, and a "cap" of two fees for competitive and non-competitive extra-curricular activities.
- Once a student's Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fee for an activity has been paid, no refund will be issued for any reason, including if he/she decides not to stop participating in the activity, is injured in a contest, etc.
- All of a student’s fees – including academic and extra-curricular fees, both from the current year and previous years – must be paid in full for the student to be eligible to participate in an extra-curricular activity, receive a parking sticker, and obtain a yearbook.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to pay their child(ren)'s Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees online via credit card or debit card through RevTrak, a trusted partner of Lemont High School. Paying these fees online through RevTrak instantly updates a student's account (i.e., denotes the fee as 'paid'), and also improves efficiency within the school's Business Office and Athletic/Activities Office.
- If parents wish to do so, they also may pay any assessed fees by mailing a check to the school's Athletic/Activities Office. Parents/guardians are encouraged to write their child's name and 'Participation Fee' in the "Memo" line on the check. Please note that families who previously have had personal checks to Lemont High School District 210 returned due to non-sufficient funds (i.e., NSF) may be required to pay their fees with cash, a credit card, or by certified check or money order
- Parents/guardians who feel they will have difficulty paying for their child(ren)'s Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees at the time they are billed are encouraged to contact the district's Business Office at (630) 243-3284 to develop a payment plan. An initial payment of at least one-third of the amount due is required to develop a payment plan for Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees. Please note that any fee waiver that may be granted by the school does not apply to Extra-Curricular Activity Participation Fees.