: Four Lemont student-athletes commit to college plans
Four Lemont student-athletes commit to college plans
|Four Lemont High School seniors - (L-R) Jack Lund (golf), Mike Lyewski (lacrosse), Jade Mardjetko (softball) and Paul Sniezko (track and field) - were recognized at a college commitment ceremony.
Four Lemont High School student-athletes have solidified their plans to compete at the intercollegiate level. Golfer Jack Lund has committed to play at St. Norbert College; lacrosse player Mike Lyewski will play at Columbia (Mo.) College; softball player Jade Mardjetko will pitch at Marian (Wis.) University; and track and field athlete Paul Sniezko will continue his career at Lewis University.
Christopherson (6’6”, 220), Fleming (6’0”, 195) and Quade (6’0”, 210) all earned two varsity letters for head coach Bret Kooi
, while Brown (6’4”, 220) was a three-year letterman. Over the last two seasons, the Indians posted a 20-3 composite record and won two South Suburban Conference-Blue Division titles. As seniors in 2016, this quartet helped Lemont to an 11-1 record (6-0 SSC) as the Indians advanced to the quarterfinals of the IHSA Class 6A Playoffs. In 2015, Lemont went 9-2 (6-0 SSC) and reached the second round of the IHSA Class 6A Playoffs.
Jack Lund - Career Highlights
St. Norbert College Men's Golf
- Two-time letterman for head coach Mark Hollatz
- Helped the squad to a 25-0 dual match record over two seasons
- The Indians won two South Suburban Conference-Blue Division titles, two IHSA Regional crowns and one IHSA Sectional championship during his varsity tenure, and twice advanced to the IHSA Class 2A State Finals
- Was third on the squad with his 42.0 9-hole average as a senior in 2016
- The Indians posted a 12-0 record, won SSC Blue, IHSA Regional and IHSA Sectional titles, and were 11th at the 2016 IHSA State Finals
- Tied for seventh individually in IHSA Regional competition
- Was second on the team with his career-best 41.5 9-hole average as a junior in 2015
- Lemont was 13-0 in dual matches, won SSC Blue and IHSA Regional crowns, and was 12th at the 2015 IHSA State Finals
- Earned all-conference honors after finishing as the individual runner-up, and was sixth individually in IHSA Regional play
- Member of the varsity baseball squad
- Honor roll student
- Will play for head coach Tripp Mayer at St. Norbert College, an NCAA Division III institution that is located in DePere, Wis., and is a member of the Midwest Conference. Over the last four seasons, the Green Knights have won two conference titles and twice have advanced to the NCAA Championship.
Mike Lyewski - Career Highlights
Columbia (Mo.) College Men's Lacrosse
- Heads into his fourth season playing on the Lemont Lacrosse Club’s varsity squad for head coach Blake Zinn
- Has played both close defense and as a long stick midfielder
- Two-time defensive captain who has helped Lemont Lacrosse post its two lowest season goals against averages in his first two seasons
- Earned Illinois High School Lacrosse Association South Suburban Conference first-team all-league honors as a defender as a junior in 2016
- Helped the Indians to a 9-10 record, as they set club season records for wins and winning percentage (.474)
- Totaled career bests in ground balls per game (3.5) and turnovers caused per game (1.6), and the team posted the second-best goals against average in club history (9.22)
- Earned honorable mention all-conference accolades in his varsity debut as a sophomore in 2015
- Helped the squad to a 7-9 record, a four-win improvement from the previous season
- Averaged 3.0 ground balls and 1.2 turnovers caused per game, and the Indians established a club record for lowest goals against average (8.93) in a season
- Helped the Pelicans Lacrosse Club to a 9-7-2 record in Fall 2016, and was tabbed as the team’s “Most Ferocious Defender”
- High honor roll student and a National Honor Society inductee
- Will play for head coach Ian Wolfe at Columbia (Mo.) College, an NAIA institution that is located in Columbia, Mo. The Cougars will begin competing in men’s lacrosse during the 2017-18 school year.
Jade Mardjetko - Career Highlights
Marian (Wis.) University Softball
- Has served as Lemont’s top starting pitcher for two seasons, compiling a career record of 17-18 with two saves and a 2.90 ERA in 236.2 innings of work for head coach Chris Traina
- Posted an 8-12 record with one save and a 3.52 ERA as a junior in 2016, as Lemont finished with a 15-15-1 record
- Led the team in wins, games started (19), complete games (16) and innings pitched (131.1), and struck out a career-high 56 batters
- In her varsity season, compiled a 9-6 record with one save and a 2.13 ERA as a sophomore in 2015
- Led the squad with career bests in wins and ERA, while also pacing the staff in games started (16), complete games (11), innings pitched (105.1) and WHIP (1.27)
- Helped the Indians to a 20-12 record
- Plays travel softball for the Lemont Sizzlers
- High honor roll student and a National Honor Society inductee
- Will play for head coach Tony Draves at Marian (Wis.) University, an NCAA Division III institution that is located in Fond du Lac, Wis., and is a member of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference. The Sabres were 22-18 in 2016.
Paul Sniezko - Career Highlights
Lewis University Men's Track and Field
- Is in the midst of his second varsity track and field season for head coach Dennis Kennedy
- Has competed in the sprint events and the long jump
- Lemont finished fifth in the South Suburban Conference during his junior year in 2016
- Has posted career bests of 11.20 in the 100 meter dash, 23.12 in the 200 meter dash, and 19’05.00” in the long jump
- Is a member of the 4 x 200 relay squad, and also has participated in the 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 relays
- Served as an alternate on last year’s IHSA State Qualifier 4 x 400 relay squad
- Two-year starter on the boys’ soccer team
- High honor roll student
- Will compete for head coach Dana Schwarting at Lewis University, an NCAA Division II institution that is located in Romeoville, Ill., and is a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference. The Flyers recently won their fourth straight indoor conference title, and captured the outdoor conference championship in 2016.
For more information, contact Director of School and Community Relations Tony Hamilton
at (630) 243-3280.