Lemont High School Educational Foundation
"An Investment in Our Future!"
Established in 2007, the Lemont High School Educational Foundation (LHSEF) provides structure for community support and partnership with Lemont High School District 210. The Foundation operates independently from the school, yet fosters the district’s ongoing and systemic efforts to attain the next level of success in all areas of a comprehensive high school education for all students.
The LHSEF provides revenue and support to Lemont High School in order to enhance educational opportunities and enrich the overall experience for its students. The Foundation is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, and all gifts to the organization are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by the law.
The LHSEF Board of Directors is comprised of community members who volunteer their time in an effort to provide additional opportunities to Lemont High School students and staff.
The Lemont High School Educational Foundation is committed to helping all students reach their full potential, both academically and as citizens of our community. Our desire is to provide funds for programs, training and opportunities that might otherwise be unavailable to Lemont High School students through government funding, in order to prepare them for their future and to help them become life-long learners.
Our mission is to partner with the community to make lasting improvements to Lemont High School that will enhance the total educational experience for all of its students.
Assistance provided to the school’s students, faculty and staff will benefit the Lemont community - including its residents and its businesses - now and in the future.
Three visions guide the work of the Lemont High School Educational Foundation. These areas of concentration include specific goals that may be reached immediately or through long-term planning and execution. The mission and visions of the Lemont High School Educational Foundation support and supplement those that guide Lemont High School. The LHSEF's visions include:
Promote a partnership between Lemont High School, the Lemont community, and the greater southwestern suburban area
- Establish community-wide understanding of the need for an educational foundation
- Support community-wide pride in Lemont High School
- Foster current and future focused partnerships
Cultivate additional sources of revenue to encourage innovative educational programming and opportunities
- Fund student training and workshops
- Enhance educational opportunities and curriculum enrichment in areas such as fine arts, technology, practical arts, literature and scientific/quantitative studies
- Assist innovative programming through teacher training
- Purchase equipment and technology
- Fund social, interactive and cultural programs, including motivational speakers
- Expand experience-based learning
Enrich all students’ high school experience by providing a focus on the future
- Prepare students for the world beyond high school
- Develop a mentor program
- Create a business expert seminar program
- Establish a network of business contacts for students
- Support an innovative learning environment that promotes excellence
- Encourage student ownership of continued learning
- Reinforce students’ desire to take part and pride in the greater Lemont community