(updated November 24, 2020)
Lemont High School began the year in full-time remote learning, but transitioned to a modified hybrid schedule on Monday, September 28. Students are divided into four attendance groups, and approximately 25 percent of students will be in the building each day for in-person instruction under the modified hybrid schedule.
Lemont High School will continue with its modified hybrid schedule through the end of the first semester (Tuesday, December 22). Second semester instructional model information will be provided to students and their families no later than Wednesday, January 6; the second semester begins Monday, January 11.
Please note that all plans are subject to change in response to new and/or revised requirements and guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), or Governor Pritzker’s office.
School administrators monitor indicators of community transmission level and continually review guidance and data from the following sources:
- CDC Indicators and Thresholds for Risk of Introduction and Transmission of COVID-19 in Schools
- IDPH Metrics for School Determination of Community Spread
- IDPH Adaptive Pause and Metrics: Interim School Guidance for Local Health Departments - Metric Guidance for Local Health Departments to Prompt Discussion With School Officials
- IDPH COVID-19 Statistics
- Cook County Department of Public Health COVID-19 Surveillance Data - School Metrics
- Northwestern Medicine Surgical Outcomes and Quality Improvement Center COVID-19 Dashboard
- Lemont High School COVID-19 Data (available below under 'Reporting COVID-19 Cases & Current COVID-19 Data')
Information gathered from these sources helps school administrators determine the appropriate instructional model.
Under a hybrid learning model, some students will be in the building for in-person instruction, while the remaining students will benefit from an enhanced eLearning experience through a combination of synchronous instruction and remote learning activities. Parents/guardians who are not yet comfortable with sending their students to school can choose for their students to participate in full-time eLearning.
We are committed to phasing in in-person instruction while adhering to local, state and federal safety guidelines so that our students, faculty and staff - and their families - can remain healthy and safe.
This page will continue to be updated. If you don't see your question answered on this page, please click on the button below to submit your question.
- Reporting COVID-19 Cases & Current COVID-19 Data
- Illinois Department of Public Health Guidelines
- Calendar Adjustments
- Hybrid Schedule
- Daily Schedule
- Implementing IDPH Guidelines
- Food Service and the Lemont High School Food Pantry
- Things We Learned From Last Spring's Experience
- Considerations for Special Education Students and 504 Plans
- Full-Time eLearning Option
- Athletics and Extra-Curricular Activities
- Remote Learning Plan
- Resources to Help Families During COVID-19