(updated August 2022)
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) have fully adopted new operational guidance for schools set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Below are the COVID-19 protocols that we will follow at Lemont High School.
EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Quarantine for close contacts to a confirmed COVID-19 case is no longer required, regardless of vaccination status.
- Contact tracing is no longer required, but will be utilized in appropriate situations.
- Close contacts are encouraged but not required to:
- Wear a mask for 10 full days following exposure
- Get tested five full days after first day of known exposure
- Mask for remaining four days if results are negative
- Required to isolate immediately if results are positive
POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
- Required to isolate immediately for five full days after testing.
- May return to school on sixth day if fever-free for 24 hours without medication and if other symptoms have improved.
- Encouraged but not required to mask through tenth day.
- Encouraged but not required to antigen test on sixth and eighth days; if both tests are negative, encouraged but not required to mask until second negative test result is received on eighth day.
SYMPTOMATIC AT SCHOOL
- Required to isolate immediately, must be sent home.
- Encouraged but not required to antigen test onsite before going home
- If positive, follow above procedures
- If negative, may return to school when fever-free for 24 hours without medication and other symptoms have improved or submit doctor’s note stating alternative diagnosis and permissible to be in school
Please direct any questions to School Nurse Katie Dulle at email@example.com or (630) 243-3231. Please continue to notify her of any positive cases of COVID-19. Thank you for working with us to keep our activities and athletics programs and our classrooms running as normally as possible.
The American Rescue Plan of 2021 Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER) Fund requires Lemont High School to post its "Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan." This document originally was posted in Summer 2021, was updated in January 2022, and soon will be updated for the 2022-23 school year.