Parents' Right to Request Teachers' Qualifications
Parents or guardians of students at a school that receives funds under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act have the right to know the professional qualifications of the teachers who instruct their children and of the paraprofessionals - if any - that assist those teachers.
Federal law gives parents and guardians the right to receive the following information about each of their children's classroom teachers and paraprofessionals:
- Whether or not the State of Illinois has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects that he/she teaches;
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency permit or other provisional status by which the State of Illinois's licensing criteria have been waived;
- The teacher's college major;
- Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees; and
- Whether any instructional aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to their children and, if they do, the qualifications of those individuals.
Please click on the button below to download a comprehensive listing of the Lemont High School's faculty and their academic profiles.