In June 2020, Governor J.B. Pritzker signed P.A. 101-0642 into law, designating Election Day on November 3, 2020, as a state holiday. Lemont High School will be closed on this day. This closure creates an opportunity for students (or anyone at least 16 years of age) who meet the other qualifications to serve as an election judge on that day.
The qualifications necessary to be an election judge include:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the county in which you are applying (i.e., Cook or DuPage)
- Be a registered voter (or a junior or senior in high with a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Be of good repute and character
- Be able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Be of good understanding and capable of performing duties
Candidates running for office and elected political party committeepersons are prohibited from serving as election judges.
Please visit the links below for information on becoming an election judge: