Lemont High School students are encouraged to plan their courses of study carefully. Many post-secondary institutions have specific requirements that students must meet in order to gain admission.
Students are required to accumulate 26 credits in order to graduate from Lemont High School. One-half credit is earned upon successful completion of a subject that meets for one semester. The successful completion of a course that meets for a full year is worth one credit. There are some exceptions to this general rule.
Specific courses within subject clusters are required among the 26 credits.
Required Credits by Subject
- Communications - 6.0 credits
- Social/Cultural - 4.5 credits
- Scientific/Quantitative/Technological - 8.0 credits
- Creative - 2.0 credits
- Health and Leisure - 4.5 credits
- Other Electives - 1.0 credits