Any student who leaves Lemont High School - whether graduating or transferring to another school - is responsible for returning his or her Chromebook and any associated items.
Students must return all items they received when they first were issued a Chromebook. For most students, this will include the Chromebook, a stylus and a power adapter. Some students may have been issued other assistive technology.
When issued their Chromebooks, all students are provided a copy of the Chromebook Expectations/Care handout. Please note the following:
- Permanent stickers, labels or other markings may not be affixed to Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks must be returned in good condition to Lemont High School when so directed, along with styluses (if provided) and power adapters.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the full cost to replace lost/stolen or non-functioning Chromebooks and/or styluses and power adapters.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the deductible cost to replace cracked or broken screens.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for damage to Chromebooks caused by neglect or abuse.
Any assistive technology issued to students also must be returned in good working order in order to avoid charges.
Students must remove any stickers they have affixed to their Chromebooks prior to their devices being turned in to the school. Hand sanitizer is recommended to safely remove the sticker and all of the sticker residue.
Below, please note the following charges for missing and/or damaged Chromebook accessories. Students must return the ORIGINAL accessories or accessories that have been purchased through the school's Help Desk.
- Charges That May Apply to All Students
- Charges That May Apply to Students Who Are Issued Assistive Technology
Students who are aware of an issue - such as a lost, stolen or non-functioning item - are strongly encouraged to visit the Help Desk in the CITGO Innovation Academy as soon as possible to address the issue. It is better to address issues early than to wait until the final week of school.
Students must resolve all of their financial obligations in order to participate in the Graduation ceremony, and the school will not issue a transcript on behalf of a student whose fees are not paid in full. Parents/guardians of students who are assessed any type of Chromebook-related fee will be made aware of such charges shortly after students return their Chromebooks.